Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission
Civil Aviation Regulatory commission (CARC) was established on 1st August 2007 to replace the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) in accordance with article (68) of the civil aviation law number (41) of year 2007. According to this legislation the CARC has financial and administrative independence.
Article (7) of the civil aviation law designated responsibilities and obligations undertaking by CARC to mainly the following:
1. Regulate all affairs pertain to civil aviation including safety, security, economic and environment.
2. Carry out all contractual obligations on behalf of the government with investors, operators in accordance with the civil aviation legislation.
3. Executing all the policy prepared by the Ministry of Transport and endorsed by the Council of ministers.
4. Representing the Kingdom in bilateral and international agreements, as well as, international bodies that pertain to civil aviation.
5. Executing the government’s environment protection policy regarding noise and emissions, sky and land use in accordance with international laws, agreements, and protocols.
6. Executing the national program of aviation security prepared by the Ministry of Transport and endorsed by the Council of ministers.
7. Develop the civil aviation technically and economically in accordance with safety and security standards and conduct research and studies in this regard.
8. Strive to improve the civil aviation services level and provide the qualified human resources and the required technical expertise.
9. Issuing the regulations and setting standards for air navigation in accordance with international laws and regulations.
10. Supervising and regulating the air transport sector in the Kingdom while protecting the consumer rights.
11. Encourage private sector investment in the civil aviation sector in accordance with the market demand, by providing incentives and taking the necessary regulatory measures to protect their investments.
12. Supervising the performance of the operators and their activities and their adherence to laws, rules and regulations established in the civil aviation sector.
13. Encouraging positive competition among investors, and preventing any monopoly of the market.
- PO Box
- Amman-Northern Marka Amman, Civil Airport .
- ZIP Code