Renewal of trademarks and patents
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Supply/Industrial Property Protection Directorate/ industrial property rights follow-up section
- 380JD as a fee to renew the trademark, inclusive of publication fee, for 10 years
- 50JD for annual renewal of patent
- Required Documents
- Persons benefiting from the service
- Related Services
Conditions for obtaining serviceThe presence of a person representing the individuals, establishments and companies that possess trademark and patent registers and/or their proxies (lawyer, industrial property agent)
1. Filing the application with the reception clerk in accordance with the relevant form
2. Fees for renewing patents and trademarks are paid.
3. The request is referred to the follow-up section to be examined by the legal researcher, an official in the section or the head of the section to decide if it is eligible for renewal and the authenticity of letters of authorization, agencies and powers of attorney and final registration certificates. Should any violations of patent renewal be found out, an equivalent sum of fees is paid as a fine, and the renewal period will not exceed six months.
4. Based on the results, a renewal certificate is issued, signed by the Registrar or a person he authorizes.
5. Changes are entered into the system at the follow-up section.
6. The decision is published in the Official Gazette.
Required Documents- Official ID card - A duly certified power/letter of attorney if the applicant is a foreign company
Persons benefiting from the serviceIndividuals, establishments and companies that possess trademark and patent registers and/or their proxies (lawyer, industrial property agent)
FilesNo Found Files
Was it useful?