IT services in remote areas (knowledge stations)
Depending on the governorate
- Required Documents
- Persons benefiting from the service
- Related Services
a national Program established with a royal vision in 2001 with the aim of creating a comprehensive and sustainable development for local communities, and providing various services to ministries, departments and governmental institutions. The number of knowledge stations is currently 197 knowledge stations distributed across all governorates of the Kingdom. Knowledge stations Program services are provided to communities and public sector institutions as follows:
- Local Communities (Citizens): In order to bridge the digital gap between members of the local community in all regions of the Kingdom. Knowledge Stations provides the following:
- Provide the necessary training and basic computer literacy and provide specialized training for other groups.
The training is divided as follows:
- Technical / Technological courses (Networking, A +, Programming for beginner, Web Design).
- Labor market prep technological courses (programming languages, ICDL, management, printing).
- Specialized courses in the areas of public work (accounting, marketing, and project management).
- Community courses / individual development and social development (use of the Internet, cyber protection, building personal websites, forums and self-capacity building).
- Introducing ICT tools and providing free IT consultancy.
- Provide the entities hosting knowledge stations with the necessary technical support and raise the efficiency of their employees in the field of information technology.
- Achieving social responsibility in different communities through awareness programs implemented in several areas (health, education, social, religious, etc..).
- Institutions of the public sector and various bodies:
- The Knowledge Stations Program is an electronic access point to the e-government program. It provides suitable infrastructure for the implementation of several government services, including:
- Annual registration for Hajj.
- Registration of university applications.
- Submitting fuel support applications.
- Participation in the census project.
- Establishing a number of knowledge stations in rehabilitation and correctional facilities, juvenile correctional facilities and various community development centers.
- Training public sector employees on various training courses (information technology, building skills and abilities, etc..) as requested, and providing competent trainers in their various locations.
- Entering into various agreements to implement several national initiatives aimed at developing local communities (high diploma in IT in cooperation with Arab cadre Co., training of graduates in IT disciplines, Jordan Education Initiative, etc.).
Conditions for obtaining service
Visit any of the knowledge stations.
Persons benefiting from the service
Local communities and public entities.
FilesNo Found Files
Was it useful?