Procedures of Licensing and Classification of a Tourist Restaurant for the First Time:
After submission of the above documents and requirements, and completion of the restaurant, the Ministry is notified accordingly in writing. The Classification Committee inspects the restaurant to compare the actual premises with the approved specifications for classification and determination of appropriate grade. Its report is presented to the Tourism Committee to issue the necessary decision for the classification and licensing of the restaurant.
After approval of the Tourism Committee of the recommendations of the Classification Committee, concerned parties are informed to approach the Ministry for completion of the following licensing procedures:
1. Completing the Licensing Form
2. Payment of legal fees determined according to granted classification grade.
3. Certified copy of trade name and trade register for the year intended for licensing.
4. Presentation of a copy of enrolment and subscription to the Jordan Restaurant Association.
5. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record for personnel employed at the restaurant.
6. Approach Department of Information and Statistics at the Ministry to fill out required forms.
7. After submission of above requirements, the Ministry issues the necessary tourist license.