Jordan Food and Drug AdministrationActions
Jordan Food and Drug Administration
Jordan Food and Drug Administration (JFDA) have been created in 2003 as the sole national competent authority for drug safety & efficacy and food safety and quality.
· JFDA is an independent public sector regulatory institution whose main objectives are to ensure that:-
o Food is safe, wholesome, and properly labeled.
o Drugs are safe and efficacious.
o Safety of all products explicitly stated in the enforced drug and pharmacy law.
Tasks and Duties:
· Supervision and inspection of the quality and suitability of food stuffs in accordance with technical rules, specifications and standards stipulated in the legislations in force.
· To achieve the requirements and take measures in connection with drug and pharmacy law, also to guarantee and supervise the safety and quality of medication in accordance with the rules and standards specified in the legislations in effect.
· To exercise any other supervision and inspection in connection with food stuffs and drug specified in the Food Law and Drug and Pharmacy Law in effect.
- PO Box
- Shafa Badran - Marj AlFaras- Saad Juma Street - next to the Directorate General or the Gendarmerie, Building No. 10
- +962-6-5632000 4602550
- ZIP Code
- +962-6-5105916 5105893 5230376