Vocational Training Corporation
VTC in Glance
The Vocational Training Corporation (VTC) was established pursuant to the temporary Law number (35) for the year 1976, and currently function in accordance with Law number (11) for the year 1985 (The Vocational Training Corporation Law and its amendments) and Law number (27) for the year 1999 (Vocational Labor Regulatory Law) through which the Corporation works on regulating vocational labor in the Jordanian labor market ; and amended Law number (50) for the year 2001 which focuses on tasks related to the organization and operations with certain concern on the Governance (Management) and some other major Activities.
VTC provides its services to all citizens regardless of their education level working of the platform of lifelong continuous learning, both in vocational preparation programs of all professional levels, or upgrading competency programs to raise competency of workers on job in marketplace. The Corporation also provides training and consultations services in the area of safety and professional health to minimize accidents in workplace, training of trainers and supervisors in behavioral and administrative aspects, developing the work of small and middle size establishments, and organizing Jordanian labor market.
VTC has trained over (300000) three hundred thousand trainees (male and female) since it was established in 1976 until the end of the year (2014), the women participation ratio reached (30%) of the total number of trainees in the year 2014.
Vocational Training Corporation (VTC) Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Providing vocational training opportunities to prepare the technical workforce and raising its level of efficiency in the various non-academic vocational training levels and specializations, and working on diversifying vocational training, inclusive of:
- Vocational apprenticeship that allows the young and adults to undertake long-term organized training.
- The training of institutions’ employees in specialized training centers and in their work locations in order to raise their level of efficiency.
- Extensive and prompt training for various professions.
- Training in the fields of occupational safety and health
- Providing supporting guidance services for the establishment and development of small and medium enterprises.
- Regulating the practice of vocational labor by classifying work locales and workers therein.
Leadership and Excellence in provision of training services and Vocational Development
Provide training services and vocational development relevance to the needs of labor market and community in partnership with private sector and civil society organizations through the following:-
Develop and implement a various training programs.
Regulate the practice of professions in labor market.
Provide supporting guidance and technical support for SME's.
- Commitment and loyalty to VTC
- Team work spirit
- High performance and professionalism
- Provide training for everyone
- Provide Continues training
- Subjectivity in training
- Management by facts
- Flexibility and responsiveness to changes
- PO Box
- 8th Circle, next to the Ministry of Public Works and Housing, King Abdullah II Bin Al-Hussein Street.
- ZIP Code